Google’s Algorithm Updates have always managed to stir up conversations on social platforms.
These updates, sometimes random, have managed to both excite and annoy the SEO community.
What exactly is this update, and what impact does it have on e-commerce websites? In this article, we will answer that question and see if there is a Solution that benefits all.
What is Google Product Reviews Update?
The automated ranking system of Google’s search engine is updated periodically to provide the apt ranking to the websites that offer quality reviews to inform and educate the searchers about the product and brand.
There have been five product review updates in the past year. The September 2022 update was the fifth one.
It is, however, combined with the core update. With this update, Google aims to promote websites with valuable reviews that tell more about the product in the most genuine way possible.
This update shocked the community as it rolled out just a month after the fourth update.
Google asks everyone to improve their content quality with valuable information and insight about their products. They have also provided a list of questionnaires that can be referred to while writing reviews.
- Express expert knowledge about products where appropriate?
- Show what the product is like physically, or how it is used, with unique content beyond what’s provided by the manufacturer?
- Provide quantitative measurements about how a product measures up in various categories of performance?
- Explain what sets a product apart from its competitors?
- Cover comparable products to consider, or explain which products might be best for certain users or circumstances?
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of a particular product, based on research into it?
- Describe how a product has evolved from previous models or releases to provide improvements, address issues, or otherwise help users in making a purchase decision?
- Identify key decision-making factors for the product’s category and how the product performs in those areas? For example, a car review might determine that fuel economy, safety, and handling are key decision-making factors and rate performance in those areas.
- Describe key choices in how a product has been designed and their effect on the users beyond what the manufacturer says?
What impact does it have on e-commerce websites?
With this new product reviews update, one of the major concerns people have is their website’s ranking and what it means for the e-commerce platforms.
People took to Twitter and other forums to raise their concerns and have an open discussion about it. So, even if Google’s new Product Review update will push websites with valuable content ahead, it doesn’t mean that you can’t optimise your website to have such reviews.
Currently, the update only impacts English language product reviews, but Google assures that it will slowly and steadily roll out support for other languages too.
Expect a few ups and downs in the rankings for the initial stage.
Wondering what you can do to ensure that your website stays soaring at the top? Well, the easy solution is to hire The 4P Solutions.
Our expertise in SEO for B2B Businesses and 10 years of delivering excellence have made us India’s Leading B2B Digital Marketing Agency. We are the only B2B marketing agency in Mumbai that offers a variety of services.
We stay up-to-date with the latest happenings in the Digital Space and ensure that no algorithm update would mess with your website.
We offer an all-around digital marketing service which includes Search Engine Optimization & Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Web Development, Marketing Collaterals and Online Reputation Management.
If you are looking for search engine marketing services in Mumbai, do reach out to us at [email protected].